Make changes to a subproject without changing the original file MS Project 2007

Author: mety Labels::



If you have created a master project (master project: A project containing other projects [known as inserted projects or subprojects]. Also called a consolidated project.) that contains external links (linking: In a project, establishing a dependency between tasks. Linking tasks defines a dependency between their start and finish dates. In OLE, establishing a connection between programs so that data in one document is updated when it changes in another.) to other projects, task and resource information in the other projects is automatically updated in the master project. You can suppress these automatic updates in order to, for example, simplify projects by consolidating them.
  1. On the View menu, click Gantt Chart.
  2. Select the task that represents the linked project.
  3. Click Task Information Button image, and then click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Inserted Project Information dialog box, clear the Link to project check box.
When you unlink a subproject, the subproject and all of its tasks become tasks (task: An activity that has a beginning and an end. Project plans are made up of tasks.) in the master project (master project: A project containing other projects [known as inserted projects or subprojects]. Also called a consolidated project.).
Tip To link (linking: In a project, establishing a dependency between tasks. Linking tasks defines a dependency between their start and finish dates. In OLE, establishing a connection between programs so that data in one document is updated when it changes in another.) the projects again, you must delete the task created when you unlinked the subproject, and then reinsert the source file.
Note Typically, if you create master projects (master project: A project containing other projects [known as inserted projects or subprojects]. Also called a consolidated project.) and subprojects, only the subprojects are saved to the enterprise server. The master projects are only saved locally, unless your organization has specified that they can be saved to the server.


0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2