Excel 2010 Using Templates

Author: mety Labels::


Excel 2010

Using Templates

Introduction

Lesson 16
In Excel 2010, you have many templates that can save you a lot of time. A template is a pre-designed spreadsheet that you can use to create new spreadsheets with the same formatting and predefined formulas. With templates, you don't need to know how to do the math, or even how to write formulas - these are already integrated into the spreadsheet.
In this lesson, you will learn how to create a new workbook with a template, as well as basic information about how templates work in Excel 2010.

Using Templates

Launch video!Watch the video (1:56). Need help?
Excel allows you to create new workbooks using templates, or apredefined pattern. Several templates are preloaded in Excel and others are located on Microsoft Office Online.
Watch the video to learn about using templates in Excel 2010.

To Create a New Workbook Using a Template:

  1. Click the File tab to go to Backstage view.
  2. Select New. The Available Templates pane appears.
  3. Click Sample templates to choose a built-in template, or select an Office.com template category to download a template. In this example, we will download a template from Office.com.
    Available Templates paneAvailable Templates pane
  4. Thumbnail images of the templates you have to choose from appear in the center. A larger preview appears on the right.
  5. Select the desired template, then click Download to open it. (If using a Sample template, Download will be replaced by Create.)
    Opening a templateOpening a template
  6. A new workbook will appear using the template you chose.
    New workbook utilizing a templateNew workbook utilizing a template
Use caution when downloading Office.com templates. Some of them are uploaded by people not affiliated with Microsoft, and Microsoft cannot guarantee that those templates are free from viruses or defects. For those templates, you'll see a warning message before downloading them.
    Warning message for a non-Microsoft templateWarning message for a non-Microsoft template

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2