Access 2010 Creating a Database from a Template

Author: mety Labels::


Access 2010

Designing Your Own Database

Introduction

Access 2010
Now that you know how to use and modify existing databases, you might be interested in designing your own. Database design can be very complicated-- so complicated, in fact, that people take extensive courses just to learn how to plan databases. For that reason, we haven't focused on creating a database from scratch in this course. However, we can help you get started.
In this lesson, you will learn how to create a database from an existing template. You will also learn about other resources you can use to learn database design.

Creating a Database from a Template

Before deciding to build your own database, you may want to look at the templates included in Access to see if any of them match your needs. When you select a template, Access creates a new database based on that template. Once it's created, you can fill the database with your own information, or modify it to suit your needs.

To Create a Database from a Template:

  1. Select the File tab. This will take you to Backstage View.
    Clicking the File tab to go to Backstage ViewClicking the File tab to go to Backstage View
  2. On the sidebar, click New.
    Creating a new database in Backstage ViewCreating a new database in Backstage View
  3. Template options will appear. Under the Office.com Templates heading, you can see a list of templates grouped by type. Select the template type that best fits your needs.
    Template groupsTemplate groups
  4. Access will display all of the available templates of that type. Select a template to see more information about it, including a visual preview, on the right.
    Selecting and previewing a templateSelecting and previewing a template
  5. When you have found the template you'd like to use, click Download. The template will open automatically once it's finished downloading.
    The Download commandThe Download command

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2