Import data from Project into a Visio 2007 timeline

Author: mety Labels::



Note You must have Microsoft Office Project installed to use this feature.
  1. On the File menu in Microsoft Office Visio, point to New, point to Project Schedule, and then click Timeline.
  2. On the Timeline menu, click Import Timeline Data. Note If you don't have Project installed, the Import Timeline Data item will not be visible on the Timeline menu.
  3. On the first wizard page, enter the Project (MPP) file you want to use to create a Visio timeline, or click the Browse button to navigate to the file you want, and then click Next.
  4. On the next wizard page, select the task types you want to import. See the Description at the bottom for details about each task type.
  5. On the third wizard page, select the shape types you want to use for the timeline, as well as for the milestones and intervals that appear on your timeline. You can also click the Advanced button to set the time scale and display options for your Visio timeline. Click OK, and then click Next.
  6. Click Finish to create a Visio timeline with the properties you specified in the wizard. Note If you have shapes on the current drawing page, Visio places the timeline on a new page in your current drawing.
Tip To change the shape types for any or all of the timeline, milestone, and interval shapes; right-click the shape on the drawing page, and then click Set Timeline Type, Set Milestone Type, or Set Interval Type.


0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2