Open an existing form template InfoPath 2007

Author: mety Labels::



The procedure for opening an existing form template depends on whether the form template is located on your computer or on a server that is running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.

Open a form template that is stored on your computer

  1. On the File menu, click Design a Form Template.
  2. Under Open a form template, click On My Computer.
  3. In the Open in Design Mode dialog box, click the form template that you want to open, and then click Open.
Tip If you know where the form template is saved on your computer, you can open it quickly by using Windows Explorer. To do so, right-click the file in Windows Explorer, and then click Design on the shortcut menu.

Open a form template from a server

When you open a form template from a server that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Office InfoPath opens a read-only version of the form template to help prevent you from overwriting the published form template. Before you can publish the form template back to the server, you have to save a copy of the form template to a location other than the publish location. After you finish modifying the form template, you can publish the modified form template back to the server.
  1. On the File menu, click Open from SharePoint Site.
  2. In the Enter the location of your SharePoint or InfoPath Forms Services site box, type the URL of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Office SharePoint Server 2007 site, and then click Next.
  3. In the Select the document library you want to open list, select the document library that contains the form template that you want to modify, and then click Open.
  4. When you receive a message about updating the form template, click Yes.
  5. On the File menu, click Save As.
  6. If you receive a message about publishing the form template, click OK.
  7. In the Save As dialog box, browse to the location where you want to save a copy of the form template, and then click Save.
After making the necessary changes to your form template, you can republish the modified form template to the document library.


0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2