Export timeline data from Visio to MS Project

Author: mety Labels::



Note You must have Microsoft Office Project installed to use this feature.
  1. In Microsoft Office Visio, open the timeline drawing that contains the data that you want to export, and then click the border of the timeline to select it. Note You can export only one timeline at a time. If you have more than one timeline on the drawing page (excluding an expanded timeline), select the one that you want to export.
  2. On the Timeline menu, click Export Timeline Data. Note If you don't have Project installed, the Export Timeline Data item will not be visible on the Timeline menu.
    Note When you export an expanded timeline that includes more data than appears on the original (such as additional milestones), you are asked if you want to export all of the data or only the data that is shared by all of the timelines.
  3. In the Export Timeline Data dialog box, under Save in, navigate to the folder where you want to save the exported file. For File name, type the name you want to use for your Project file. For Save as type, click Project (*.mpp), and then click OK. A confirmation message appears when the export is completed.


0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2