Prevent users from inserting or deleting a control InfoPath 2007

Author: mety Labels::



When you design a form template in InfoPath, you can choose a specific compatibility mode to design a browser-compatible form template. When a browser-compatible form template is published to a server running InfoPath Forms Services, and then browser-enabled, forms based on the form template can be viewed in a Web browser. When you design a browser-compatible form template, some controls are unavailable in the Controls task pane because they cannot be displayed in a Web browser.
HideList of controls that cannot be inserted or removed

The following table lists the Office InfoPath 2007 controls that can be set, by using conditional formatting, to ensure that a user cannot add or remove them. The table also lists whether the controls are available for browser-compatible form templates.
ControlAvailable for browser-compatible form templates?
Horizontal repeating tableNo
Repeating recursive sectionNo
Master/DetailNo
Optional sectionYes
Repeating sectionYes
Repeating tableYes



Prevent users from inserting or deleting a control

  1. On the form template, click the control that you want to prevent users from inserting or deleting.
  2. On the Format menu, click Conditional Formatting.
  3. In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, click Add.
  4. Under If this condition is true, set the condition that you want. For example, to prevent users from deleting an optional section if it contains data, click the optional section in the first box, and then click is not blank in the second box.
  5. Under Then apply this formatting, click Don't allow users to insert or delete this control.
  6. To save the condition and return to the form template, click OK twice.
  7. To test your changes, click Preview on the Standard toolbar, or press CTRL+SHIFT+B.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2