Gmail in Vista Windows Mail

Author: mety Labels::



In Windows Vista, the e-mail program of Outlook Express was phased out and it was replaced with a new program called Windows Mail.

So, for all you loyal fans who used Gmail in Outlook Express, here's how you can start using Gmail in Windows Mail instead! Gmail hasn't even updated their support files yet, so get the instructions here while they're still hot!

1.) Open Windows Mail and click Tools at the top of the page.

2.) Click Accounts.

3.) Click Add and then select E-mail Account. Then click Next.

4.) Enter in the name you want to be sent along with all the e-mails you send out.





5.) Type in your Gmail e-mail address (for example, youraddress@gmail.com).





6.) In the Incoming Mail Server box, enter "pop.gmail.com."

7.) In the Outgoing E-mail Server box, enter "smtp.gmail.com."

8.) In the Account Name field, enter in your complete Gmail e-mail address.

9.) Enter your Gmail password in the Password field.

10.) Click Next and then Finish.You'll then be taken back to the Accounts screen.

11.) Highlight the new e-mail account and click Properties.

12.) Click the Advanced tab.




13.) Check the two boxes marked "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)."
14.) Set the Outgoing Mail field to 465.

15.) Next, click on the Servers tab and select "My server requires authentication."

16.) Click Apply and then OK.

That's it.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2