Create a tree diagram Visio 2007

Author: mety Labels::



With the Block Diagram template, you can use tree shapes to represent hierarchies, such as family trees or tournament plans.
Tree diagram
  1. On the File menu, point to New, point to General, and then click Block Diagram.
  2. From theBlocks and Blocks Raised stencils, drag block shapes onto the drawing page to represent stages in a tree structure.
  3. To add text to a shape, select the shape, and then type.
  4. Indicate relationships between the blocks by connecting the shapes:
    1. Drag a shape from a stencil onto the drawing page and position it near another shape. Shape positioned near another shape
    2. While still holding down the mouse button, move the pointer over one of the blue triangles. The triangle turns dark blue. Pointer resting over blue triangle
    3. Release the mouse button. The shape is placed on the drawing page, and a connector is added and glued to both shapes. Shape placed on drawing page, and connector glued to both shapes
      Tip To reverse the direction of the arrow on a connector, on the Shape menu, point to Operations, and then click Reverse Ends.
  5. Use tree shapes to represent hierarchical stages in a tree diagram:
    1. From Blocks, drag a tree shape onto the drawing page. If you want two branches, use a Double-tree shape. If you want two or more branches, use a Multi-tree shape.
    2. Drag the endpoints End point image, plus sign in green square on the tree shapes to connection points Connection point image - blue X on block shapes. The endpoints turn red when they are glued (glue: A property of shapes that causes them to stay connected even when one of the shapes is moved. When you attach a connector to a shape, you glue the connector.).
    3. Drag the control handles Control handle image - yellow diamond on the tree shapes to create more branches or to change the branch length or position. Create more branches or change branch length or position
      Callout 1 Drag the control handle on the trunk to the right to create more branches.
      Callout 2 Drag the control handle at the end of a branch horizontally or vertically to change its position.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2