Computer Monitors video

Author: mety Labels::


VideoJug: Computer Monitors
What factors should I consider when choosing a monitor?
Well, the first thing you need to determine when choosing a monitor is if you want to get a CRT monitor or an LCD monitor. CRTs are the old big clunkers, cathode ray tubes. LCDs are the nice, flat panel liquid crystal displays. There are a lot fewer emissions on the LCDs so they're easier on your eyes, as well as being better for the environment; they use less power. Then, of course, you want to look at the resolution that the monitor can support. With higher resolution, you'll get a crisper image. It'll be sharper with less strain on your eye. However, on the same note, you need to make sure that your computer can drive the resolution of your screen. You can buy a really high end screen, which can be really high resolution, but your computer's graphic card may not be able to output that resolution.
What is the difference between "CRT" and "LCD"?
The CRT or cathode ray-tube monitor is the old style big television looking behemoth that sits on your desk. The LCD liquid crystal displays are the new flat panels. A lot less energy used on the LCDs, less desk space, less power consumption, and overall now the quality of the LCD has gotten so good that it rivals CRT monitors. So, everything right now seems to be transitioning toward LCDs and the CRTs are pretty much gone. Except for some graphic design use you really don't see CRTs anymore.
What can I expect to pay for a monitor?
For LCD monitors, if you started at a 15" monitor, you should be able to get it for about $120, $130. 17" LCD would be about $170. Once you go up to the 20", 23", 24" you can still get them for between $700 and $1000.
What type of monitor connections should I look for?
Most computers now have monitors that attach to them via these monitor connections - a DVI cable, a VGA cable or HDMI cable. I would say about 9% of the time it would be DVI or VGA. DVI stands for Digital Video Interface and is a digital cable, whereas VGA is an analog cable. So if you can, you would always want to go with a DVI connection over a VGA connection, as your image will be a lot crisper. HDMI is High Definition Multimedia Interface, and is a cable that carries both video and sound through it. Most televisions – high definition televisions – will have that input. If your computer does have an HDMI output, you can connect your computer to a television that supports HDMI and carry that signal and sound.

0 comments |

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2