How To Plant A Rose Bush

Author: mety Labels::


Prepare the rose
A few hours before you plant your rose, thoroughly water it while it's still in the container. Position the rose so it has access to sun and rain, but isn't too exposed if conditions are windy. Ideally roses should be positioned in full sun with a fertile, well-drained soil.

Prepare the soil
Remove any weeds and mulch from the site. Using a spade, dig a deep hole about 45 centimetres wide and 30 centimetres deep. Put the soil in a wheelbarrow and mix it with the same quantity of compost. Remove old roots from the soil as they may grow back. You can also mix in a handful of slow release fertiliser to improve your plant's chances of survival. Using a garden fork, prick the sides and base of the hole to break up the soil and encourage drainage. Add a layer of the compost mixture to the base of the hole to aid growth

Position
Place the rose in it's pot in position in the hole. Check that the crown of the plant is at the same level as the existing ground level. Add or remove some compost mixture if the depth is wrong

Plant
Gently slide the rose out of its container. Tease out some of the roots around the root ball so they will grow away from the plant and into the surrounding soil. Lift it into the centre of the hole. Replace the rest of the compost mixture around the root ball. Firm the soil around the base of the rose with your hands to remove any air pockets

Water
Water the area with a full watering can of water to help the soil stick to the roots. Your rose will get enough rainwater from the average British winter, but it may need extra water in dryer conditions. It should be in bloom by late Spring.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2