Search and Replace Specific Formatting (fonts, styles,etc) in Microsoft Word

Author: mety Labels:: , ,

If you've ever worked on a document originally created by somebody else, you'll most likely immediately be frustrated by their horrible choice of fonts and formatting. What you might not realize is that the search and replace functionality in Word allows you to replace more than just text.

You can easily search and replace all bolded or italicized text in a document, for instance. Or you could remove that ugly Heading 2 style they used… what were they thinking using bright red?

Open up the Find and Replace dialog from the menus, or just use the Ctrl+H keyboard shortcut.


image


Click in the blank Find box, and then you can use the regular keyboard shortcuts to specify specific formatting. For instance, if you wanted to replace all bolded text with regular text, you'd use Ctrl+B in the "Find what" box, or for italics you would use Ctrl+I. You can even use multiple search criteria here.

If you have styles that are more difficult to replace with simple keyboard shortcuts, you can click the "More" button on the lower left-hand side to show a lot more options.


image


The "Format" dropdown will give you access to select specific formatting options, like fonts or styles. Just make sure that you first click in the "Find what" box before you select an option.
For the "Replace with", you'll need to click in that box first, and then select the options that you want just the same

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2