Use Equation Editor in Excel 2007

Author: mety Labels::

To document a formula on a worksheet, you can insert or edit an equation as an object by using Microsoft Equation Editor. You build the equation by selecting symbols from the Equation toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.) and by typing variables and numbers. From the top row of the Equation toolbar, you can choose from more than 150 mathematical symbols. From the bottom row, you can choose from a variety of templates or frameworks that contain symbols, such as fractions, integrals, and summations.

Insert an equation with Equation Editor

  1. Click where you want to insert the equation.
  2. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object.

    Excel Ribbon Image

  3. In the Object dialog box, click the Create New tab.
  4. In the Object type box, click Microsoft Equation 3.0.

    If Equation Editor is not available, you may need to install it.

    Install Equation Editor

    1. Exit all programs.
    2. Click Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    3. In the Currently installed programs box, click Microsoft Office <suite> 2007 or Microsoft Office Excel 2007, depending on whether you installed Excel as part of Office or as an individual program, and then click Change.
    4. On the Change your installation of Microsoft Office <suite> 2007. screen, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
    5. On the Installation Options tab, click the expand indicator (+) next to Office Tools.
    6. Click the arrow next to Equation Editor, and then click Run from My Computer.
    7. Click Continue.
    8. After the Equation Editor installation is complete, restart Office Excel 2007.

  5. In the Object dialog box, click OK.
  6. Use options on the Equation toolbar to edit the equation.

    If you need help, click Equation Editor Help Topics on the Help menu.

  7. To return to Excel, click on an empty cell.

Edit an equation in Equation Editor

  1. Double-click the equation object that you want to edit.
  2. Use options on the Equation toolbar to edit the equation.

    If you need help, click Equation Editor Help Topics on the Help menu.

  3. To return to Excel, click an empty cell.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2