Hide or display formulas Excel 2007

Author: mety Labels::

For security or privacy reasons, you may want to hide a formula from users of your worksheet. Or you may be auditing formulas and you need to see all the formulas on the worksheet. You can use the following procedures to control the hiding or displaying of formulas.

Switch between displaying formulas and their values on a worksheet

  • Press CTRL + ` (grave accent).

Prevent a formula from displaying in the formula bar

Caution This procedure also prevents the cells that contain the formula from being edited.

  1. Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to hide. You can also select nonadjacent ranges (nonadjacent selection: A selection of two or more cells or ranges that don't touch each other. When plotting nonadjacent selections in a chart, make sure that the combined selections form a rectangular shape.) or the entire sheet.
  2. On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format, click Format Cells, and then click the Protection tab.

    Excel Ribbon Image

  3. Select the Hidden check box.
  4. Click OK.
  5. On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format, and then click Protect Sheet.

    Excel Ribbon Image

  6. Make sure that the Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells check box is selected.

Show formulas that were previously hidden by removing protection

  1. On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Unprotect Sheet.

    Excel Ribbon Image

  2. Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to unhide.
  3. On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format, click Format Cells, and then click the Protection tab.
  4. Clear the Hidden check box.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2