Automatically save a backup copy of a workbook Excel 2007

Author: mety Labels::

You can use AutoRecover to have Microsoft Office Excel automatically save a backup copy every time that you save a workbook. The backup copy is a copy of the previously saved version of your workbook. As a result, you have the current saved information in the original workbook and all previously saved information in the backup copy. Each time that you save the workbook, a new backup copy replaces the existing backup copy. Saving a backup copy can protect your work if you accidentally save changes that you do not want to keep or delete the original file.

  1. Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, and then click Excel Options.
  2. In the Save category, under Save workbooks, select the Save AutoRecover information every check box.
  3. In the minutes box, type or select a number to specify the interval for how often you want to save files.

    Tip The more frequently the files are saved, the more information can be recovered if a problem (such as a power failure) occurs while a file is open.

Note AutoRecover is not a replacement for regularly saving your files. If you do not save a recovery file after you open it, the file is deleted and any unsaved changes are lost. If you save the recovery file, the recovery file replaces the original file (unless you specify a new file name).

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2