Change the Normal template

Author: mety Labels::

Change the Normal template (Normal.dotm )

The Normal.dotm template opens whenever you start Microsoft Office Word 2007, and it includes default styles and customizations that determine the basic look of a document.

Any changes that you make to Normal.dotm will be applied to documents that you create in the future.

  1. Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, and then click Open.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • In Windows Vista: Click Templates, and then double-click the Normal.dotm file to open it.
    • In Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Click Templates next to File name.
      If no templates are listed in the Open dialog box, click the arrow next to the Files of type box, and then click All Word Templates.
  3. To be certain that you're working in the default template, check to see that Normal.dotm appears in the Word title bar.
  4. Make any changes that you want to the fonts, margins, spacing, and other settings. You can use the same commands and features that you use to change a document — but remember that any changes that you make to Normal.dotm will be applied to documents that you create in the future.
  5. When you have finished, click the Microsoft Office ButtonButton image, and then click Save.
Note If Normal.dotm is renamed, damaged, or moved, Word automatically creates a new version (which uses the original default settings) the next time that you start Word. The new version will not include any of the customizations that you made to the version that you renamed or moved.

0 comments |

Labels

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2