Sharing Folders in Vista The XP Way

Author: mety Labels::



As you may know, Windows Vista includes a Share button on its Explorer toolbar, but it doesn't work the same way it did in Windows XP. Instead, it pops up a wizard that tries to make things easier.



By default, the Share button in Vista will not let you choose the name of the shared folder. Even more so, if you want to share a folder within your user directory, you will end up with a weird share name, like this: \\computer\Users\geek\Contacts. That's obviously much more difficult to remember!

So, if you want to share folders the way you used to in Windows XP, simply right click the folder and choose the Properties option.



Next, click on the Advanced Sharing button.



Now, you should be able to check the box that says "Share this folder" and choose a share name for yourself, which, for example, will be accessible from \\computer\myshare. Much easier!



You can also click the Permissions button if you want to allow write access to the share or only allow access to a particular user.



Here's to easier and faster folder sharing in Windows Vista



0 comments |

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2