Configuring your Gmail With Outlook 2003 : 2007

Author: mety Labels::

The information below is also available as an animated demo: Gmail POP Service
1-Enable POP in your Gmail account.
2-Open Outlook 2003.
3-Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...




















4-Select Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.















5-Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.















6-Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
a) User Information
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full Gmail email address (username@gmail.com)
b) Server Information
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.gmail.com.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
c) Login Information
User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including @gmail.com)
Password: Enter your Gmail password















7-Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
8-Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.























9-Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3).























10-Check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
11-Click OK.
12-Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
13Click Next, and then click Finish. * Did you click Save Changes after enabling POP in Gmail? *To ensure that Gmail can communicate with your mail client, be sure to click Save Changes on the Gmail Mail Settings page.

2 comments |
  1. Anonymous 6:44 AM

    thanks amal

  1. You are welcome I’m happy I can help

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

I made these pages for me and my friends to help solving the problem we face regarding Computer & internet, if anyone wants me to answer a question or find out about some information please send me email and I will try to reply.*P.S. some of the article I wrote and the other I found on the internet I posted them in sprit of learning and shearing, please forgive me if you found something you don’t want to be in my blog, email me and I will delete them. Thank you for your interest in my pages.امل نجم Amal Nagm

banner 1 banner 2